16 July 2017

One of My Coping Mechanisms

The past week was not (and hasn't been for my adult life) a good time for me.

So, today, I decided to do something that I haven't ever done before culinarily, home pickling. 

It gets my head into a better place.

I did the whole megillah, using Ball (mason type) jars, to create a pickle that does not need refrigeration.

It's a canned pickle.

I used Romanesco "Fractal" broccoli, but I am also going to do carrots, green beans, normal broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash, and Brussels sprouts, because I have a sh%$ load of pickling brine left over.

I used pickling spice, bay leaves, chipolte peppers, juniper berries, dill, salt, apple cider vinegar, and garlic in the brine, and in about 1/3 of the jars, I added some sugar for sweet pickles.

0 comments :

Post a Comment