07 June 2017

The Joys of Marriage

I was coming home from the chiropractor today with Sharon* driving, and the song Don't Stand So Close To Me by the Police came on, and she turned up the volume.

I asked her why she liked this song, but hated the Pink Floyd song The Wall, which she hates for what she sees as its anti-teacher message. ("We don't need no education ……… Hey! Teacher, leave them kids alone")

I replied that she just turned up the volume on a song about an affair between a teacher and a student.

She said that she was unaware of this, and then she quickly changed the station.

I then sung:
Her friends are so jealous
You know how bad girls get
Sometimes it's not so easy
To be the teacher's pet
And then she elbowed me.

I am amused.

*Love of my life, light of the cosmos, she who must be obeyed, my wife.

0 comments :

Post a Comment