- The Gig Economy’s False Promise (New York Times) Significant, because this is from their editorial board.
- Migrants from west Africa being ‘sold in Libyan slave markets’ (Guardian) We make a desert and call it peace.
- A multi-level analysis of the US cruise missile attack on Syria and its consequences | (The Vineyard of the Saker) Interesting and coherent analysis. Note though that Saker is a Russian nationalist site.
- GETTING REAL: the raging fire in the hold of SS Eutanic (The Slog) Equates the EU and the Titanic. Interesting.
- Symantec attributes 40 cyber attacks to CIA-linked hacking tools (Reuters) This doesn't mean that it was the CIA, just that someone used the tools. Anyone could once they were released into the wild.
- DNAinfo reporters join Writers Guild of America-East union (Crain's New York Business) This needs to happen more often. Nice to see employees of internet companies starting to see that they are being abused.
- War on Surveillance Camera: Bosnian Man used Bazooka on Police Camera (Slavorum) Lucky bastard, I've always wanted to do this.
I've always wondered about this: