- Unpaywall: The Browser Add-on That Finds (Legal) Free Copies Of Academic Papers You See As You Browse The Web (Techdirt) Bookmark this.
- 10+ Pics Proving That Cats Are Actually Demons (Bored Panda) Strangely enough, this is why we love them.
- I worked for Jared Kushner. He’s the wrong businessman to reinvent government (Washington Post) A very polite beat down.
- See Vantablack 2.0, the New Black So Black It Eats Lasers (artnet News) Sounds like a monster from a bad Sci-Fi flick.
- Monopolization and Labour Exploitation (The Bullet) Nice to see someone besides me recognizing the fact that our markets, and our trade policy, are increasingly monopolistic.
- Highest Minimum-Wage State Washington Beats U.S. in Job Creation (Bloomberg) So not a surprise, except to mainstream economists and neoliberal politicians.
- Messages show New York police surveillance of Black Lives Matter (Reuters) Live in obedient fear, citizen
- Australian scientists studying humpback whales believe they breach to be heard over long distances and noise (Quartz) Basically cetacean shouting.
- Don't let establishment opportunists ruin the resistance movement (The Guardian) Thomas Frank raises the alarm at the fact that Hillary Clinton and Evil Minions™ are tryng to exploit the movement to create a new power base for the Clinton political machine/Democratic Party establishment.
Cats and leashes, not an optimal juxtaposition: