- Please Explain How 'Both Sides' Journalism Will Help Us Now (Esquire) Charlie Pierce unleashes a well deserved can of whup ass on the concern trolls among media critics.
- How much pee is in our swimming pools? New urine test reveals the truth (The Guardian) Aspartame and pee in pools. Ewwwwwww………
- Internet of Things Teddy Bear Leaked 2 Million Parent and Kids Message Recordings - Motherboard (Motherboard) The "Internet of Things" = "The Internet of Sh%$".
- Amazon S3 problem caused by command line mistake during maintenance (Ars Technica) Why Amazon's cloud went down. To quote the RPG Paranoia, "Whe computer is your friend."
- How To Fine-Tune Your Bullsh%$ Detector (Co.Design)) Basically common sense.
- Drugs are Cheap: Why Do We Let Governments Make Them Expensive? (The Center for Economic and Policy Research) Dean Baker explains the problem with drugs is not high costs, it is high prices, and suggests that we find alternatives to the current IP based monopolies.
Machiavelli’s Advice For Nice Guys.
It is an interesting, though by no means definitive, analysis which has echos of existentialism, particularly the money quote, "It's not enough to dream well, the true measure is to achieve."