- The British-American coup that ended Australian independence (The Guardian) The history of the coup against Australian PM Gough Whitlam in the 1970s.
- A Family Adventure in Medical Tourism (New York Times) Yet another article from the Gray Lady on the plight of the overpriviliged.
- Software results in mistaken arrests, jail time? No fix needed, says judge (Ars Technica) Live in obedient fear, citizens.
- 35 countries where the U.S. has supported fascists, drug lords and terrorists (Salon) This list is incomplete.
- So You’ve Been Contacted By Aliens, Now What? (Motherboard) They have a manual. There should be an app for that.
- Oh, Great, More Than One Country Has Radioactive Boars (Foreign Policy) You might have read about the ones around the Fukushima Daiichi plant, but there are also glow in the dark wild boar in the Czech Republic as a result of the Chernobyl meltdown 30 years ago.
This video details how the Democrats are devoid of any guiding principles, because it has been, "hollowed out by corporate money." (Warning, frequent use of the s-word and the f-word)
Ht JR at the Stellar Parthenon BBS for the video.