- Here’s How Time Warner Cable Was ‘Ripping You Off’ All Those Years (Motherboard) Yet another reason to hate the cable companies.
- Brutal obit slams Texas man whose life was ‘much longer than he deserved’ (Washington Post) This is harsh.
- We now know why mosquitoes find malaria victims so tasty (Ars Technica) Mosquitos are more likely to bite those infected, increasing the spread of the disease. Nature in all its glory.
- Edward Snowden's New Job Is To Protect Reporters From Spies (WIRED) Not found any feet of clay on him yet.
- Iron Age Potters Carefully Recorded Earth's Magnetic Field — By Accident (NPR) We now have a record of fluctuations in Earth's magnetic field.
- 'Extraordinary' levels of pollutants found in 10km deep Mariana trench (The Guardian) Sh%$ rolls down hill ……… Seven miles down hill.
- Federal Judge Rules Against Presidential Debate Commission ( Independent Voter Network) I don't think that it will stand on appeal, but the commission, which has run debates since 1988, is fairly clearly an explicitly partisan organization created to favor the nominees of the two major parties.
- Love And Money: Marriage The McArdle Way (The Hunting of the Snark) The author is completely unfair to Megan "Math is Hard" McArdle, who richly deserves such a treatment.
This Raccoon Riding on a Garbage Truck Is the Only Thing in DC That Makes Sense (VICE) Kawaii (可愛い), neh?