- Chrome 56 quietly added Bluetooth snitch API (The Register) Google not only has abandoned its "Don't be evil" moto, it's officially a Bond villain.
- A New Documentary Looks at the Alley Cats of Istanbul (The Paris Review) Pootie Tats!
- What cats can teach us about how to live (The New Statesman) More pooties!
- The “Motley Crew” of Heterodox Economists Freaking Out France’s Theoclassical Economists (New Economic Perspectives) By their own standards classic macroeconomics is as scientific as phrenology.
- The Myth of Apple's Great Design (The Atlantic) Not an Apple fan, so I was amused. I want to hear from Apple fans about this.
- Seven Decades Of Ejection Seat Development (Aviation Week) Neat history.
- Retailers disappearing across the US (Business Insider)
- Book Review: The Econocracy (naked capitalism) In the same vein as the "Motley Crew" item, but a bit more specific.
God Bless the Onion