- Can I Punch Nazis? Yes, but you have to be Captain America.
- Help this half-onion in a plastic bag beat Trump's Twitter-follower count (Boing Boing) Yes, it's silly and trivial, but so is the Donald, and it will drive him insane.
- U.S. judge finds that Aetna misled the public about its reasons for quitting Obamacare (LA Times) The judge rules that it was a ploy against the Department of Justice's antitrust action.
- Big Shrink to “Hire” 25,000 in the US, as Layoffs Pile Up (Wolf Street1) The decline and fall of IBM: Borrow money, use it for stock buybacks rather than reinvesting in the company, make cuts to further boost the stock price, cash in your stock options. Rinse, lather, repeat until company is liquidated.
- Last time the Earth was this warm, sea level was a whole lot higher (Ars Technica) 6-9 meters, 20-30 feet. The ice melt hasn't caught up with rising temperature yet.
- Higher Rates Of Hate Crimes Are Tied To Income Inequality (FiveThirtyEight) This is not a surprise, economic stress creates a search for scapegoats.
- Calling Bullsh%$ - Case Studies Yes, this is the real name of a real website run by real serious academics. It's worth the read.
- 10 Times Mauhaus Cat Cafe Was the Cutest Thing on the Internet (Food Blog) Gives a whole new meaning to visiting the cat house.
The truth about the McDonalds coffee lawsuit: