- Motherf%$#ing Website (Motherf%$#ing Website) A righteous rant against over complex bloated web pages, "I'm not actually saying your sh%$#y site should look like this. What I'm saying is that all the problems we have with websites are ones we create ourselves. Websites aren't broken by default, they are functional, high-performing, and accessible. You break them. You son-of-a-bitch."
- 10 Discworld Quotes You'll Desperately Need for the Next Four Years (IO9) Works for me, but I'm the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards!'.
- r/K selection theory does not justify racism (Pharyngula) Long discredited evolutionary theory gaining currency among the "Alt Right" racists
- Why Peter Thiel Fears “Star Trek” (The New Yorker) Another way to know that he is a deeply evil man. Society advancing and humanity getting better terrifies him.
- Contrary to decades of hype, curcumin alone is unlikely to boost health (MedicalXpress) No Tumeric is not a medicinal.
- How To Correctly Compare Charter and Public District Schools (Jersey Jazzman) One of the ways that charters create the illusion of efficiency is by systematically excluding special needs students.
- King Tide flooding brings octopus into Miami Beach parking garage (Miami Herald) Anthropogenic climate change can make for cute pictures and videos, but it is still bad.
- Attention Federal Employees: If You See Something, Leak Something (The Intercept) They have updated their secure leaking software.
- The CIA’s Secret History Is Now Online (BuzzFeed) It's been declassified for years, but now you don't have to go to the CIA archivist for a look.
Why we love cats: