- This Deep Sea Fisherman Posts His Discoveries on Twitter and OH MY GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE (Gizmodo) Nature in all its glory.
- How Barack Obama Failed Black Americans (The Atlantic) Because he sees "his people" as being Ivy League grads, not the hoi polloi.
- Chinese boffins: We're testing an 'impossible' EM Drive IN SPAAAACE (The Register) Reactionless thruster. I'd feel better if there was a theory on how it works.
- Before You Pay that Ransomware Demand… (Krebs on Security) You may be able to decrypt your drive on your own.
- Spy vs. Spy: The Bay of Pigs and the Battle for the Soul of the CIA (War on the Rocks) I rather hope that the CIA is more functional now, but best evidence is that it is not.
- Why Clinton Lost: An exercise in victimology (Global Guerrillas) Clinton and her Evil Minions™ continue to cast blame and avoid looking at how they f%$#ed up.
- Sorry, Liberals. Bigotry Didn’t Elect Donald Trump (New York Times) Money quote, "Two decades later, we are reminded again that a vote for a presidential candidate is not a vote for every aspect of him. We can look for the worst in our opponents, but that doesn’t always explain how they got the best of us."
- The Curse of Credentialism (The Baseline Scenario) It's a fascinating examination on how the students at Yale Law School, in the absence of conventional grades, manufactures rankings.
Why Homer Simpson Might Be God: