- Hostile Takeover (Counterpunch) Epic rant about the election. Money quote, "Two gold-plated names on the same boardroom door."
- Don’t Cry Over Dead Trade Agreements by Dani Rodrik (Project Syndicate) Finally, a top flight economist declaring that the standard trade deal talk is bullsh%$.
- Gay Mike Pence Doppelgänger Is Collecting Money For LGBTQ Causes (HuffPo) Love the Irony.
- The Blind Spots of Liberalism (Jacobin) Notes that, "The blind spots of classless identity politics benefit elites," which created an electoral result where a town voted for Donald Trump, 51% to 39%, but voted 63% voted for Kamilla Harris. a black woman.
- Economists Pretend They Don't Pick Winners and Losers (Bloomberg) Makes the obvious (at least to anyone who is not an economist) that economists statement are subjective opinion statements, not scientific ones.
- LIGO black hole echoes hint at general-relativity breakdown (Nature) It has been theorized that general relativity breaks down under extreme conditions, this seems to validate this.
- Disagreeing With Paul Krugman: His Friends Probably Do Vote Against the Interest of the Working Class (White and Other) (Beat the Press) Dean Baker observes the obvious: While supporting progressive taxation, which many in Krugman's situation do, they also tend to support trade deals that favor capital over labor, and are at best lukewarm about union rights.
- South Korea To Tackle Video Game Cheating By Criminalizing Breaking A Game's ToS (Techdirt) Considering how the DMCA has been misused, this is a tremendously bad idea.
- Lawsuit Against Courts Massively Overcharging For Documents Moves Forward (Techdirt) Pacer, the document retrieval system for the federal courts, is alleged to have illegally overcharged its users.
Space Poop Challenge: