- Evaluating Germany’s Success in Regulating High-Frequency Trading (RegBlog) Regulate the algorithms, because trying to follow individual trades is like drinking from a firehose.
- The Story of the Self Destruction of Deutsche Bank (Der Spiegel) So much for German probity and virtue.
- West Antarctica Begins to Destabilize With ‘Intense Unbalanced Melting’ (Bloomberg) Anthropogenic climate change hits keep on coming.
- Clinton Foundation: Inurement (Bullsh%$ ist)
- A $72-million apartment project. Top politicians. Unlikely donors. Who wrote the checks to elected officials weighing approval? (Los Angeles Times) Our broken campaign finance system.
- Forget the FBI cache; the Podesta emails show how America is run (The Guardian) Thomas Franks notes the venality and arrogance of the Democratic Party leadership.
The funniest western movie since Blazing Saddles: