- Soda Companies Are Paying Experts to Oppose Soda Taxes (Grub Street) Capitalism at its finest.
- Link between tech and productivity is elusive (Financial Times) Silicon snake oil.
- A woman had a baby. Then her hospital charged her $39.35 to hold it. (Vox) Because ……… markets!
- Needed Now: a Peace Movement Against the Clinton Wars to Come (CounterPunch) Yeah, pretty much.
- The Dash For Cash: Leaked Files Reveal RBS Systematically Crushed British Businesses For Profit (BuzzFeed) As Bill Black noted, Banks' profits derive entirely from various types of fraud.
- Where Did Satan Come From? (Live Science) In Judaism, it is generally synonymous with our own evil inclination, and some Jewish scholars see the dialogue between God and Satan as an internal one.
- Why the Deeply Held Ideas of the Nation’s Most Elite Economists Were Direct Causes of Extreme Inequality (Evonomics) A very nice survey on how mainstream economics has become delusional and useless.
- Risotto Tips From John Podesta (Epicurious) One of the less controversial emails release by Wikileaks.
Denis Leary channels the Trump Nation back in 1993:
He gets my Nostradamus award of the day.