09 June 2014

And Then There is George Will………

No link, because I do not want to give him page views, but George Will, the man who coached Ronald Reagan in his debates with Jimmy Carter, using Jimmy Carter's own briefing books, which had been stolen, while commenting on Reagan's debate performance on Nightline, has returned to classic form, arguing that women want to make rape allegations, because it is a "coveted status that confers privileges."

No I won't link to George Will, but I will link to The Onion article, "College Rape Victim Pretty Thrilled She Gets To Recount Assault To Faculty Committee:
Visibly excited for the thrilling hour ahead, college sophomore Megan Anderson enthusiastically made her way to a meeting with members of her university’s Office of Student Conflict Resolution to offer a detailed account of her recent sexual assault, the eager undergraduate told reporters Tuesday. “I get to go into a room filled with a committee of middle-aged men whose primary concern is upholding the college’s reputation and recount in explicit detail the circumstances of my rape at the hands of another student—I can’t wait,” said the pleased 19-year-old, who noted that she’s particularly looking forward to describing her choice of clothing the night of the assault, explaining the nature of her relationship with her rapist, and entertaining a variety of questions aimed at determining whether she herself invited the attack with her words and actions, all while offering a step-by-step account of the most horrific night of her life. “Don’t get me wrong, it was great being interrogated by the local and campus police, but this way I get to tell university officials who have a vested interest in minimizing campus rape statistics and ensuring the steady inflow of alumni donations what exactly I was drinking and why I could have misremembered events. And to think, once I finally give my entire story, I then get the pleasure of listening as they try to push the whole incident under the rug. Lucky me!”
Seriously, if I had a time machine, I'd go back in time to 1940, and give his mom a shot of Depo-Provera.

What a pathetic sorry excuse for a human being.

0 comments :

Post a Comment