10 November 2011

Where Am I Going to Go for Dipping Dots and Bubble Tea?


This is a busy day at the mall!
It looks like the Owings Mall is going to be torn down.

Not surprising.  The mall has been in slow decline for some time, with at least one wing on the top floor shut down for the past two years.

Some of the anchor stores, as well as the theater, will remain, but it's not going to be a classic mall anymore.

I'm not sure exactly why it failed, it's located at the terminus of the Metro, and there is a rather large mixed used development in the area reaching completion.

Of note is that the operator of the mall, GGP, is in Bankruptcy, and is is owned by the Bucksbaum family, and Ann Bucksbaum Friedman is the wife of New York Times columnist (Who I would never call a schmuck because a schmuck has a head) Thomas Friedman.

I can't avoid negative effects of this guy even if I never read his incoherent crap.

0 comments :

Post a Comment