28 April 2011

Why Not Gus Frerotte?

The most wanktastic representative in the Democratic caucus, Heath Shuler, had got himself a primary challenger, Cecil Bothwell:
North Carolina Blue Dog Democrat Heath Shuler is getting a primary challenge.

Councilman Cecil Bothwell, who originally said he would run as an independent, has changed his mind on the advice of friends and supporters, according to The Asheville Citizen-Times.

"I originally believed that the best way to address issues too long ignored and to challenge the corporate power over the national parties was to run as an independent," he said. "But I've heard from hundreds of people, from WNC to Washington, DC, who believe the most likely path to success is up the middle instead of trying for an end-run.”
He's not on Act Blue yet, but when he is, I will add him to my Act Blue page.

He's actually an interesting guy, the only openly Atheist politician I know of, according to his Wiki Page.

0 comments :

Post a Comment