31 October 2010

Trick or Treating

Click for full size

The Rubikuitous Charlie


The most Sanguine Natalie


For that thoughtful look with: her glasses on
We went trick or treating tonight.

Natalie tried to go upscale on her fangs for her vampire costume, and go with ones that just fit on her eye-teeth, as opposed to the mouth guard type ones, and it didn't work, so she improvised using some sugary blood syrup that she got at the SCA event on Saturday.

Charlie's costume, a Rubik's Cube, however worked out very well, and he got a lot of compliments, though he did experience, as I had warned him, issues with comfort and mobility.

Still, they had fun, and took in a decent haul of hysteria inducing sugar, so they both considered their outing a success.

We had to return home at one point, because they needed gloves.

Neither of their costumes were amenable to the use of pockets to warm one's hands.

I remember trick or treating when I was a kid, with my Dad watching, and now I am watching as my kids trick or treat.

It's the whole "circle of life" thing, I guess.

0 comments :

Post a Comment