29 October 2010

OK, Google™ Adsense™ Has Me Confused

So, I see an ad for Charles Loller.

He's running for Congress in Maryland, as a Republican, in the 5th Congressional district.

Normally, this is the place where I would say, "What the f%$# is Google™ Adsense™ doing putting an ad for a Republican on my page?"

I know my reader(s) and they are NOT Republicans.

Only …………… The 5th Congressional district is Steny Hoyer's district, and I have been consistently critical of him, so the Republican party running an ad for their sacrificial lamb,* in this district might actually meet the eyeballs of someone who is disgusted, as I am, with the distinguished gentleman from the 5th.

So, by the generally low standards of Google™ Adsense™, this actually appears to be a well done job, by virtue of being marginally competent.

Still, if I were running his campaign, I think that I might be a bit miffed that I was paying (fractions of a cent) for this.

Please note: once again, that I do not vet, nor do I endorse any ad that appears on my site, and I reserve the right to mock both the ads that appear on my site, as well as the advertisers.

Also, please note, this should be in no way construed as an inducement or a request for my reader(s) to click on any ad that they would not otherwise be inclined to investigate further. This would be a violation of the terms of service for Google Adsense.

*No, I am not going to pivot off of the sacrificial lamb statement to make a "black sheep" joke, and I will note that if this race were at all competitive, this guy would not have gotten the Republican Party nomination, because the Republican Party does not want black candidates elected, the party sees them as nothing more than useful window dressing.

0 comments :

Post a Comment