07 June 2010

Look Who I Ran Into

Click for full size
His hair looks better in person
My wife and I had finished dropping the kids off at school following Natalie's Bat Mitzvah rehearsal, the ceremony is this Saturday, and we stopped at Java Mamas.*

As we pulled up, there were people getting out of a couple of black SUVs, and I looked over, and said something like, "Would you look at that!"

It was former Maryland governor, and current candidate for governor, Bob Ehrlich.

My wife replied, "Matthew, behave!"

I behaved, but I snapped the shot. He's the one in the shades.

They weren't politicking, they were just getting coffee, and I didn't say anything.

It's not a great pic, though I think that it's about as good a photo as I am likely to take with my cell phone.

He's a little bit grayer than I recall from his last official photo, but that was almost 4 years ago.

I did not stay around, my wife and I had errands, so I cannot speak to tipping, though they did queue up politely and wait their turns.

I don't approve of his politics, but I do approve of his taste in coffee.

*Good coffee and light fare like sandwiches and salad at Java Mama's, 324 Main Street Reisterstown, MD 21136-1951 (410)833-8100.

0 comments :

Post a Comment