That makes three governmental entities that have said they don't want anything to do with it now.
Ignoring Israeli-Palestinian issues, Gaza has nothing going for it as a geographical entity.
Let's see what you have by way of pluses and minuses with Gaza:
- No economy to speak of.
- This is independent of the blockade. There is simply thing there in the way of meaningful economic development.
- Not enough drinkable water, the water in Gaza is increasingly saline, and now well beyond UN health standards, as a result of over subscription of the aquifer, and subsequent infiltration from the Med.
- BTW, this has their only industry, agriculture, living on borrowed time.
- Medieval social structure, even by the standards of Arab society, with clan loyalties trumping everything else.
- Ummmm.....Maybe a decent soccer team?